Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Monday, July 20, 2009
But what's probably more interesting to all of you is that I decided to channel Monty Python with the leftovers and knit exciting undergarments. The pics can be seen on Ravelry (redraveler) - don't worry; they're not modeled! But here's the pattern:
by Christina Felde
1 par US #5 needles
less than 1 skein (50 grams/136 yards) DK weight cotton blend yarn
20 sts x 28 rows in 4 inches, stockinette
As the sides in this pattern are simple ties, the sizes are really a matter of desired coverage in front. Don't feel tied to your usual size.
CO 25 (31, 35, 41)
Row 1-25: (K 8 for large, 5 for medium, 3 for small, 0 for extra small) Work chart, (K 8 for large, 5 for medium, 3 for small, 0 for extra small). Decrease 1 st at each end every 4th row. --13 (19, 23, 29) sts
Row 26-27: Work in stockinette
Row 28: Knit, decreasing once at each end –11 (17, 21, 27) sts remain
Row 29-44: Work in stockinette, continuing to decrease 1 st at each end every 4 rows – 3
(9, 13, 19) sts
(S, M, L) ONLY:
Work in stockinette, decreasing 1 st at each end every row (3, 5, 8) times – 3 sts all sizes
Knit even for 44 rows; place on holder.
CO 16 sts, then pick up and knit 25 (31, 35, 41) stitches along top of panty triangle, CO 16 more sts. Knit 1 row. -- 57 (63, 67, 73) sts
CO 27 (32, 37, 42) sts, pick up the 3 from the panty back, CO 27 (32, 37, 42) more sts. Knit 1 row. --57 (63, 67, 73) sts
Loop a strand (or two for extra security) of yarn into the front and back of each side; tie together.
Click the chart to see the ginormous version.
Monday, July 6, 2009
This is the longest I’ve ever knitting exclusively on one project. I don’t know what came over me; I just couldn’t bear to start anything else!
My summary of the project:
I don’t really get why everyone’s so excited about nupps. They're just not that exciting.
I can’t believe I stuck to the pattern too the letter. I ALWAYS mod. Something’s wrong with me, I know. But for whatever reason, I didn't alter this pattern in any way. And that's weird.
...and I am ridiculously excited by how much yarn I have leftover.
Sunday, May 31, 2009
I used the recommended yarn for Coquette, and while it knit up all right, it bled like whoa in the wash. It's also taken an insane amount of time to dry. That could well be normal with cotton; I'm not really sure. I used Patton's Silk Bamboo for Anna, and oooh is it luscious. I love the way it feels. I'm so ready for summer break!
Sunday, May 17, 2009
I queued and unqueued, I started and ripped, and I pretty much went crazy. My bedroom became pretty much impossible to walk in, as there were bit and piles of fiber everywhere. Then there was almost a lightbulb moment where my logic-resistant knitter's brain realized - I don't have to make it all right now. None of this lovely yarn or these awesome patterns are going to disappear if I don't get to them NOW RIGHT NOW!!! And in fact, it doesn't even matter what order I knit them in. They will all. still. be. there. If I don't get to them in time to wear them this summer - guess what. There's another summer next year! So now, I have these two lovelies on the needles:
Then, just as I was calming down, we got to the highlight of my knitting week. The lovely and generous Jan, of Jant's Art, sent me this lusciousness:
...and now the possibilities are dancing in my head all over again.
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Friday, April 17, 2009
...finished the Spaghetti Monster that Sean's been asking for...
...and dyed this loveliness, which I'm calling Iris. I think I'll make a few squares for a blanket from it.
Since break ended I've also started two new projects:
The first is based on the Anna pattern from Knitty, but I'm turning it into a tank, because it seems like a waste of pretty yarn to make something I'll never wear in public! The other is a hobo bag I stumbled across on Ravelry. I'm itching to get them finished and take advantage of this burst of inspiration while it lasts...