Sunday, May 17, 2009

So nice

Every now and then I get a stretch of time where I have no knitting obligations. For the first few days I completely panic. I look at every pattern and every scrap of yarn I've ever considered and go absolutely crazy with the inability to make a decision without a deadline looming over me. Most recently, this happened when I finished my Mother's Day knitting:

I queued and unqueued, I started and ripped, and I pretty much went crazy. My bedroom became pretty much impossible to walk in, as there were bit and piles of fiber everywhere. Then there was almost a lightbulb moment where my logic-resistant knitter's brain realized - I don't have to make it all right now. None of this lovely yarn or these awesome patterns are going to disappear if I don't get to them NOW RIGHT NOW!!! And in fact, it doesn't even matter what order I knit them in. They will all. still. be. there. If I don't get to them in time to wear them this summer - guess what. There's another summer next year! So now, I have these two lovelies on the needles:
The first is the Coquette top from Fitted Knits, and the second is Anna from Knitty, only turned into a tank top. They're both moving pretty quickly, although it doesn't really seem like it from the pictures. And they both feel INCREDIBLE next to my skin. Now I find myself looking around for other excuses to use pima and bamboo.

Then, just as I was calming down, we got to the highlight of my knitting week. The lovely and generous Jan, of Jant's Art, sent me this lusciousness:

...and now the possibilities are dancing in my head all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment